Saturday, March 1, 2014

Display upgrade - 2713 HM - The wonders of IPS

So, yesterday I made the change I wanted to do long ago.
I switched/upgraded to a Dell 2713 HM, an IPS panel with 2560x1440 resolution.
A great review of this monitor can be found at TFTCentral

I studied the "market" alot, on what/how/why and finally decided to go fir this one. I got it from evoMAG.ro with a little help from lab501.ro (the nice 3% voucher).

First a pic with the whole setup:

- first on left is the BenQ 24" monitor
- second on center is the Dell 2713 HM
- on the right side is a Dell 22" one hooked to my second rig.













-
The good news is that I received a good sample, no dead or blocked pixels and minimal glow/light bleeding. And yes, it's huge, even if in the current setup it looks quite small, I had to fix it at low level so there is no such a big difference compared to the 24" one.

Another shot in the dark.

Minimal glow and almost no bleeding, a bit in the bottom right side.













-
As for the overall performance I'm very pleased with it. Great color reproduction, huge space to use (Photoshop loves it), adjust-ability, no visible ghosting (at least in Eve, constant 60 FPS).

I can just say that I love it and I recommend it to anyone who would like to get in the "big" league of monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are allowed as long as they touch the post in question and they do no contain any spam or crap.